CADRE COMPONENTS LIMITED
DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
Cadre Components Limited needs to collect and use certain types of information about people (“personal data”) with whom it deals with in order to operate and carry out its legitimate business purposes. These include current, past and prospective customers, employees, suppliers, associates, external verifiers and others with whom it communicates. We may use your personal data, together with any other
information, for administration, marketing, customer service, staff development and
In addition, we may occasionally be required by law to collect and use certain types of information of this kind and of a sensitive nature, for example, to comply with the requirements of government departments. This personal data must be dealt with properly, however it is collected, recorded and used – whether on paper, in a computer, on the Internet or recorded on other material – and there are safeguards to ensure this in the Data Protection Act 1998.
Cadre Components Limited regards the lawful and correct treatment of personal data as very important to successful operations, and to the maintenance of confidence between those with whom we deal and ourselves. We have put in place procedures to ensure that the company treats personal information lawfully and correctly. To this end the company fully endorses and adheres to the eight Data Protection
Principles, as laid out in the Data Protection Act 1998 and the company’s own Data Protection Policy.
Therefore Cadre Components Limited will, through appropriate management and the strict application of procedures and protocols:
▪ observe fully the conditions regarding the fair collection and use of personal data;
▪ meet its legal obligations to specify the purposes for which personal data is used;
▪ collect and process appropriate information, and only to the extent that it is needed to fulfil operational needs or comply with any legal requirements;
▪ ensure that the personal data used is accurate and up to date through quality control;
▪ apply strict checks to determine the length of time personal data is held;
▪ ensure that the rights of people, about whom personal data is held, can be fully exercised under the Act. (These include: the right to be informed that processing is being undertaken, the individual’s right of access to his or her personal data, the right to prevent processing in certain circumstances and the right to rectify, block or erase inaccurate information);
▪ take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to safeguard personal data;
▪ ensure that personal data is not transferred outside the European Economic Area without suitable safeguards.
In addition the company will ensure that:
▪ there is someone with specific responsibility for data protection in the organisation. (Currently this is Helen Halliday – Director);
▪ everyone managing and processing personal data understands that they are contractually responsible for following good data protection practice;
▪ everyone managing and processing personal data is appropriately trained to do so;
▪ everyone managing and processing personal data is appropriately supervised;
▪ anybody wanting to make enquiries about processing personal data knows what to do;
▪ queries about processing personal data are promptly and courteously dealt with;
▪ methods of processing personal data are clearly described;
▪ a regular review and audit is made of the way personal data is managed;
▪ methods of processing personal data are regularly assessed and evaluated;
▪ performance with processing personal data is regularly assessed and evaluated.
At certain points during your visit to our website, we may ask you to enter personal details such as your name, address, telephone number or email address. We will not use your information for anything other than what you have requested from us. We may collect information about your preferences, both when you tell us what these are and by analysis of site traffic, including the use of IP addresses, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data. When you visit our website we store web server logs which show your IP address, this gives us information such as which pages you looked at, whether the page request was successful or not and which browser you used to view the page. The use of this information is to assist with marketing purposes and it is shared only with our marketing team.
Our website may contain links to other websites. Once you have clicked on these links we do not have any control over the websites at which you will arrive. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites. You should look at the privacy statement applicable to the website(s) in question.
We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
You can block cookies by amending your browser settings. If you choose to do this it may impact on some aspects of our website and there may be some pages you will be unable to view.
Our card payment data is subject to the strictest controls in line with the Payment Card Industry Standard (PCI DSS) and General Data Processing Regulations (GDPR). Card payment information held by the firm is not shared outside of our Accounts team and
The company adheres to the Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations with regards to electronic direct marketing to customers, potential customers and other contacts, and will not use electronic contact details (phone, fax, or e-mail) without prior consent. When sending electronic direct marketing communications, the company will always provide a valid address to which requests to unsubscribe from future electronic communications can be sent.
You have the right to ask for a copy of your information (for which we may charge a small fee) and to ask us to correct any inaccuracies. To make sure we follow your instructions carefully, and to improve our service to you through training of our staff, we may monitor or record communications. Should you have any questions around this policy or would like your data removed
from our system, please contact – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01942 716600.
Downloadable version here